The following hand carried items are prohibited:
The following list is subject to change prior to our 2024 Open House & Air Show event.
- Backpacks – Clear or mesh authorized
- Duffle bags – Clear or mesh authorized
- Large camera bags
- Drones or any type of propelled item capable of being airborne
- Illegal Drugs and alcoholic beverages
- Marijuana – possession and use of Marijuana is illegal on Selfridge Air National Guard Base or any federal installation. This includes both recreational and medicinal.
- Weapons of any type to include; any firearm/weapon capable of launching a projectile (including signal guns and sling shots), no concealed carry, all knives with a blade over 3” long, switch and spring bladed, stiletto, trench, machetes, straight razors, throwing stars, nunchakus, sand and blackjack club weapons, batons, and metal knuckles, military uniforms worn by non-military members.
- Toys that resemble firearms
- Gang or motorcycle club affiliated colors or clothing/items
- Flammable liquids, explosive materials, or fireworks of any kind
- Smoking materials and Vaping devices (smoking and vaping is prohibited in the show area)
- Laser pointers
- Animals or pets, other than service animals
- Bicycles, scooters, skates, skateboards, wheeled shoes, Segway style human transporters, or go-carts
- Canopies, tents, or umbrellas
- Walkie-talkies, HAM radios, scanners
- Glass containers or bottles
All prohibited items found upon inspection at the entry control points will warrant entry to be denied. Instructions will be provided to secure the prohibited items in the individual’s personally owned vehicle, unless prohibited items warrant law enforcement response. Individuals will be inspected again, upon attempt to enter the air show at the entry control point.